Welcome to Laurentian! Our university offers a wide-range of direct-entry programs to international students, as well as a wide range of services to assist you in your transition to Canada.
For admission to a degree program, a student must meet one of the language requirements listed below in addition to the academic requirements:
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (minimum score: 230 computer-based, 570 paper-based, 88 Internet-based)
• International English Language Testing System (IELTS)(minimum score: 6.5)
• Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) (minimum score: 85)
• Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) Assessment Test (minimum score: 70, with 60 in writing proficiency)
• Cambridge English Proficiency (minimum result: C)
• Three years of full time senior-level studies in an English-language secondary school or post-secondary institution (official documents required) (evaluated on an individual basis; at the Admissions Committee's discretion)
Undergraduate studies applicants must possess a secondary school diploma with a minimum 70% average to be considered for admission to Laurentian University. Please note that some limited-enrolment programs require a higher entrance average. Please refer to the Undergraduate Programs webpage for admission requirements pertaining to specific programs. For graduate programs, please refer to the Graduate Programs webpage.
Graduate studies applicants must possess a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum 70% average.
*Please note that many programs have other specific requirements. Always verify that you meet additional admission criteria. Also, country specific requirements can be found here.
September admission: all documents should be received by April 1st
January admission: all documents should be received by October 1st
May admission: all documents should be received by February 1st
Checklist for International Undergraduate Students
1) Apply through OUAC applications centre
2) Provide the following documents to the university directly in order to process your application:
Documents should be mailed to:
935 Ramsey Lake Road
Canada P3E 2C6