Thank you for choosing Laurentian for your post-secondary studies! To be admitted to Laurentian, students must apply online to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre at www.ouac.on.ca.
1. Applicants attending semestered schools may receive an early conditional offer of admission if:
• they have completed grade 11 courses with an overall average that is equal to or higher than the program average requirement (see below for details)
• they are enrolled in a sufficient number of courses to ensure they will have completed at least six grade 12 4U/M courses by the end of June and will qualify to obtain the OSSD
2. Applicants who do not receive an early conditional offer of admission will be considered on an individual and ongoing basis as additional grades are made available.
3. All secondary school applicants must successfully complete six grade 12 4U/M courses and receive the OSSD; failure to do so may result in withdrawal of the offer of admission.
4. Applicants who receive an offer of admission must reply by June 3.
Advanced Placement (AP)
Applicants who have completed Advanced Placement courses in appropriate subjects with a grade of four (4) or more may receive transfer credits equivalent to a maximum of two courses (12 credits). Applicants must also meet the regular university admission requirements since AP courses are not accepted in lieu of these.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is acceptable for admission to Laurentian University provided applicants have achieved a minimum score of 28 and have fulfilled the diploma requirements with six subjects: three at higher level and three at subsidiary level. Transfer credits may be granted for higher-level courses with grades of five (5) or better. Applicants must submit their IB transcripts to be evaluated.