|Delivery:||Full time or part time|
Commerce deals with production, marketing, human resources, management, exchange and finance. The Commerce program provides the necessary management education so that graduates are knowledgeable in integration and control of the operational aspects of organizations. In addition to imparting knowledge about key areas and functions of all organizations, the School of Commerce and Administration develops the skills needed for success in the business world: critical thinking, analysis, evaluation, problem solving, communications and teamwork.
• Four-year program leads to an Honours Bachelor of Commerce (H.B. Comm.)
• The core year (second year) covers five functional management areas; projects and case studies help develop analytical and decision-making skills (venture project, business simulation, etc.)
• Study streams include accounting, finance, human resource management, marketing and small business/ entrepreneurship
• In upper years, students study one or two management areas of their choice in depth
• Students can choose up to 6 courses in other departments at the university
• An internship course (an educational, management-related, supervised employment practicum) is available to upper-year students
• Upper-year students may register in the Small Business Counselling Service and become consultants to entrepreneurs who want to start or expand a business
• Many courses emphasize case or experiential learning techniques based on the Harvard Case Study Method, which requires students to participate at a high level in the classroom and to present oral and written reports
• The program offered in French features a cooperative option which allows students to spend three terms at work while still earning credits toward their degree
• Students can pursue the following certifications: Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Life Underwriter and Certified Human Resource Professional
• Also available: online Financial Planning Certificate (offered in French)
First-year course overview
*Prerequisites for these courses must be completed successfully. For more information, please contact the Department of Commerce.
Admission requirements based on Grade 12 4U/M courses:
• 1 English or 1 Français
(depending on language of study)
• 2 maths
• 3 other courses
• Minimum average of 70%
Accountant, financial analyst, tax consultant, human resources management professional, sales and marketing manager, auditor, lawyer, loans officer, counsellor, finance manager, company president, CEO, advertising and promotion, entrepreneurship, graduate studies…
Credit transfer opportunities are available from other recognized postsecondary institutions and are typically evaluated on an individual basis. Some fast-tracking opportunities also exist.
Collaborative agreements with Cambrian College are also in place for this program.
Laurentian University also offers an online H.B.Comm degree program through a partnership with CGA-Canada (CGA), in association with the Insurance Brokers Association of Canada (IBAC) and a partnership with CGA China. Please click below, to select the program that you are interested in:
For any inquiry about the online H.B.Com program, please contact email@example.com or call toll free number 1-866-890-7117 directly.