• Limited enrolment program
• Focuses on the ways in which mental training impacts performance by examining motivation, psychometrics, anatomy, ethics in sport, biomechanics, mental training strategies, stress management, etc.
• Students acquire a solid foundation by taking courses in the School of Human Kinetics and the Department of Psychology
• Not intended as a terminal degree; further study may be required to pursue different career options
• This is the only undergraduate program of its kind in Canada, and the only one of its kind offered in French
First-year course overview:
PHED 1206 – Perspectives Phed/Sport: Cda.
PHIL 2536 – Ethical Issues in Sport
+ electives (6 cr)in humanities, social sciences or sciences
Admission requirements, based on Grade 12 4U/M courses:
Sport Psychologist, Sport Psychology Consultant Coach, Educator, Graduate Studies
Credit transfer opportunities are available from other recognized postsecondary institutions and are typically evaluated on an individual basis. Some fast-tracking opportunities also exist.
Several formal collaborative agreements with Cambrian College are also in place for this program.