The Department of Forensic Science has been fortunate in establishing various resources on campus that are used to enhance the learning by students in laboratory situations. Additionally, these resources are frequently accessed and sought by law enforcement agencies, such as the Ontario Provincial Police Forensic Identification Services, and the Office of the Chief Coroner of Ontario during forensic consultations. Below is a brief list of these resources and organization affiliations that have been established so far.
Laurentian University Resources
- Forensic Osteology Laboratory (FOL), Laurentian University
- Forensic Entomology Reference Collection, housed in the FOL, Laurentian University
- Forensic Osteology Laboratory Forensic Casework Reference Collection
Laurentian University Documented Human Dental Collection, housed in FOL
- Westlawe Carswell Law Source, available on J.N. Desmarais Library's Database and is titled Law Source
- ChemWell 2910 Automated Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) and Chemistry Analyzer used in the analysis of drugs in biological samples
Internships have been with the following organizations
- Ontario Provincial Police, Forensic Identification Services
- South Porcupine Detachment
- Sault Ste. Marie Detachment
- North Bay Detachment
- London Detachment
- City of Greater Sudbury Police Service, Forensic Identification Services.
- Royal St. Lucian Constabulary, Forensic Identification Branch, St. Lucia.
- Office of the Chief Coroner of Ontario.
- Regional Supervising Coroner, North Eastern Ontario
- Regional Supervising Coroner, Northern Ontario
- Chief Coroner of Ontario
- Dr. Peter Clark, Regional Supervising Coroner, Northeast Region.
- Mr. Tony Tessarolo, Hair and Fibres, Centre of Forensic Sciences, Toronto.
- Dr. Martin Queen, Forensic Pathologist, Sudbury Regional Hospital.
- Det. Sgt. Jim Van Allen, Behavioural Science Section, Ontario Provincial Police.
- Dr. Gerard Courtin, Prof. Emeritus, Department of Forensic Science Laurentian University, Forensic Botany.
- Tracy Oost, Forensic Entomology, Forensic Scientist & Continuity Officer, Forensic Osteology Laboratory.
- Mr. Jim Goodwin, Finger Prints Comparison, Instructor, Forensic Identification Training Branch, Ontario Police College.
- Mr. Pat Laturnus, Blood Spatter Interpretation, Instructor, Forensic Identification Training Branch, Ontario Police College.
- Ms. Rhonda Reimer, Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, Sudbury Regional Hospital, Emergency Department.
- Ms. Tania Burrows, Forensic Biology Unit, Northern Regional Forensic Laboratory, Centre of Forensic Sciences, Sault Ste. Marie.